Background and objectives
The ISOCARP Awards for Excellence, established in 2005, rewards plans in the design phase as well as projects in progress or already implemented. The Award is open to a wide range of professionals and institutions operating in the domain of urban and regional planning: architecture and/or urban planning companies; cities (public administrations and/or urban development agencies); university departments and/or research institutes; NGOs, and freelancers.
The submissions may include the following:
- Normative plans
- Strategic plans
- Urban plans
- Urban design projects
- Urban policies
- Research works
- Software/smart tools facilitating planners
The call for the Award covers, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Town / Country Development
- Urban Regeneration / Brownfield Redevelopment
- Temporary / Transitional Uses
- Mobility and Accessibility
- Urban / Metropolitan Ecology / Agriculture
- Social Innovation / Inclusive Planning Processes
- Smart Communities
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Low Carbon Urban Development
- Sustainability (processes, projects)
- Resilience (resources, energy efficiency, etc.)
- Alignment between planning strategies and contextual socio-economic problems
- Learning planning processes
The jury is composed of five ISOCARP members (experienced practitioners).
Substance of the Award
The Award is bestowed in two categories: Grand Award and Merit Award. The Award winners are announced during the official ceremony at the ISOCARP annual World Planning Congress.
Grand Award: one year of free membership to ISOCARP, free entrance to the Congress, official ISOCARP plaque, official ISOCARP certification of the award and dissemination of the project through the ISOCARP website, social media and newsletter.
Merit Award: free entrance to the congress, official ISOCARP plaque, official ISOCARP certification of the award, and dissemination of the project through the ISOCARP website, social media and newsletter.
ISOCARP Institutional Member: 500 Euros for each entry (a candidate can apply with multiple proposals).
Non-ISOCARP Institutional Member: 1500 Euros for each entry (a candidate can apply with multiple proposals).
NB: By submitting an entry, an applicant can apply to get one year of free ISOCARP Institutional Membership.
- Entry form including a short outline
- A description of the plan / project / policy (max. 10,000 characters with spaces)
- Drawings, maps, posters, graphical representations, charters necessary to illustrate the work (max. 4 A3 pages)
- A video illustrating the work (optional)
Please submit your 2019 Awards for Excellence entry online.
Remark: The application is not considered eligible if the registration fee has not been paid.
Deadline for submission
In case of questions, please, contact Balint Horvath at email@example.com