The ISOCARP AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE (IAE) rewards plans in design phase as well as projects in progress or already implemented. Moreover, we invite participants to send us research projects or ideas. The Awards for Excellence is open to a vast range of professionals and institutions operating in the domain of town and country planning:
- Architecture / town planning / engineering companies,
- Cities (public administrations / urban development agencies),
- Universities’ departments / research centres
- Freelancers, NGOs.
The IAE is looking for the following topics to be addressed:
- Town / Country Development
- Urban Regeneration
- Mobility and Accessibility
- Urban / Metropolitan Ecology / Agriculture
- Temporary / Transitional Uses
- Brownfield Development / Regeneration
- Social Innovation / Inclusive Planning Processes
- Urban Planning and Employment
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Low / Neutral Carbon Development
- Smart Communities.
In assessing your candidature, we will pay attention on how the following critical elements for planning are addressed in your proposal:
- Public space valorisation / definition / role
- Sustainability (processes, projects)
- Resilience (resources, energy efficiency, etc.)
- Learning planning processes
- Alignment between planning strategies and contextual socio-economic problems
We will accept and evaluate different tools used in planners’ daily practice: normative plans, strategic plans, urban projects, programmes, policies, research works, software, smart tools facilitating planners, etc. Since the town planners’ “box of tools” is rich in content, we invite you to candidate your work. Please submit the following:
- A description of the plan / project / programme / policy (max. 10.000 characters; spaces included)
- Drawings, maps, posters, graphical representations, charters necessary to illustrate your work (max. 4 A3 pages)
- It is not compulsory, but you can also attach a video illustrating your work (send link to download)
- Entry form including short outline.
IAE registration fee is 1,000 Euros for each entry (a candidate can apply with multiple proposals).
The jury is composed of at least 5 members.
Please submit your 2017 Awards for Excellence entry online.
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE
Your application is not going to be considered eligible if the registration fee has not been paid.
Please send to email@example.com.
Substance of the Award:
Grand Award: one year free membership to ISOCARP, free entrance to the congress, official ISOCARP certification of the award and dissemination of the project through the ISOCARP website, social media and newsletter.
Merit Award: free entrance to the congress, official ISOCARP certification of the award and dissemination of the project through the ISOCARP website, social media and newsletter.
More Award Calls 2017: