ISOCARP has two Liaison Offices.
ISOCARP Africa/Nairobi Liaison Office
Town and County Planners Association of Kenya (TCPAK)
White Court-Blk 2 ,Galana Road Kilimani Nairobi
P.O.Box 38027-00100 Nairobi
Contact person: Mairura Omwenga
Office No: +254-725028572 Cell No: +254-721345611
The highlight of this first World Town Planners Day Celebration in Africa in 2008 was the launching of ISOCARP Africa Region and Official opening of the Nairobi Liaison Office. The Nairobi Liaison Office is hosted by the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) Town Planners Chapter offices at the Professional Centre, Parliament Road, Nairobi.
The World Town Planners Day Celebrations and Official Launch of ISOCARP Africa Region and opening of Nairobi Liaison Office was indeed a major event that attracted international, regional and local participants. ISOCARP Head office in The Hague, Netherlands, was represented by the Secretary General, Pablo Vaggione. United Nations Center for Human Settlement, HABITAT, also recorded a message of support. At the Africa continent level, African Development Bank also registered support for the event.Delegates from many parts of Africa- South Africa, West Africa, North Africa and East Africa were invited and graced the occasion. Locally, participants were drawn from various Government departments, Local Authorities, the Private Sector, the Academia and Professionals in the Built Environment. Those in attendance included Town and Country Planners, Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Landscape Architects.
Contact person: Shi Nan, email: email@example.com
The mission of the ISOCARP Beijing Liaison Office (BELO) is to support the society’s objective within the Asian continent. In addition, the Liaison Office will act as a facilitator in the strengthening of relationships between ISOCARP and UN-organisations based in Beijing. Specifically, UPSC will help strengthen ISOCARP in China and Asia in the following, but not limited to, aspects:
– Set up ISOCARP-UPSC forums focusing on planning issues in Asia region. It could invite representatives from other organizations in Asia under the umbrella of ISOCARP.
– ISOCARP and UPSC will jointly help propose foreign experts to be involved in planning for Chinese cities, Wuhan, Shenzhen, Harbin etc. have already requested for such a service.
– ISOCARP & UPSC will seek to get comparison-related research projects for Chinese or EU institutions.
– ISOCARP and UPSC will make a joint programme of workshops and brief booklets about recent developments in planning areas such as land use, urban transportation, sustainable neighbourhoods etc.
– UPSC will explore possibilities of having traditional-type UPAT hosted by Chinese or other Asian cities.