2020 RSA Annual Conference: Transformations: Relational Spaces, beyond Urban and Rural
June 17-20, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTE: This conference has been postponed to 2022, please read the full statement here: http://bit.ly/refundljb
The Regional Studies Association’s Annual Conference 2020 #RSA20 will be the association’s largest knowledge exchange and networking gathering to date. It is being held in partnership with the School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. This four-day conference brings together academics and policymakers to exchange news, views and research findings from the fields of regional studies and science, regional and economic development, policy and planning. There will be representation from around 50 different global territories as the conference will gather both established experts and early career researchers in the beautiful city of Ljubljana.
The conference will feature 450+ presentations, high-profile plenary speakers, a number of specially convened sessions, workshops, networking sessions, walking tours and field trips. The social programme will include the conference dinner, side events, sport activities, exhibitor stalls and post-conference tours to explore Slovenia.
#RSA20 will address topics concerned with regional and urban development, policy and research. The Association takes a broad view of its remit but all submissions will be refereed prior to acceptance to ensure minimum standards of quality and field relevance and innovation are maintained. In addition to abstract submissions, the RSA welcomes proposals for special sessions, networking events, book launches, author meets critic sessions, etc.
You are invited to submit your abstract to one of the following conference themes:
- Regional innovation and technological change
- Demography, labour markets and migrations
- Financing regional transformations
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Spatial economy, infrastructure and housing
- Regional inequalities and EU cohesion policy
- Agglomeration, clusters and externalities
- Value chains and international trade
- Sustainable tourism
- The future of EU, Brexit and Western Balkans
- Climate change, energy and environmental sustainability
- Globalisation and de-globalisation
- Governance, policies and institutional change
- Populism, nationalism and social change
- Inclusive growth
- Future of metropolitan and non-metropolitan areas
Abstract submission and registration via the RSA conference portal: https://www.regionalstudies.org/events/2020rsaannualconf/