Age-friendly Cities 2020 Conference and Exhibition
April 7-8, 2020
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
IMPORTANT NOTE: The conference is rescheduled for July 6-7, 2020.
According to World Health Organisation, the aging market economy boom in Asia is expected to occur from 2020 to 2025. The biggest economy opportunities would be the middle-income and high net worth market segment, i.e. the baby-boomers market, which is estimated to reach $15 trillion by this year. The following products and services would appeal to baby-boomers market:
- Elderly housing – from an integrated retirement home with recreational, wellness and medical programmes to luxury resort-style living
- Wellness and healthcare programmes, products and services to support active aging and ageing-in-place
- Home care and geriatric care services
- Robotics and assistive daily living technologies to support ageing-in-place
With the forecasted number of older persons aged 60+ reaching 1.2 billion by 2025, and to 2 billion by 2050, whereby Asia will be the home for more than 60% of them, development of city and products responding to the Silver Economy poses high potential and is at a critical imperative to prepare for this future.
The Age-friendly Cities 2020 Conference and Exhibition (AFC 2020) is an international conference conceptualised to introduce ‘best practices’ and serve as a mechanism to create a deep understanding of what is involved in the creation of vibrant, cohesive and sustainable age-friendly cities, hence providing the foundation for creating a global network of Age-friendly Cities and Communities.
Co-organised by Confexhub and Aged Care Group, the conference expects to attract more than 200 representative from municipalities, higher-tier authorities, policy-makers, architects, facilitators, urban planners, developers, contractors, and industry consultants from over 20 countries to converge and align goals, objectives and business model as part of the age-friendly cities ecosystem reliance. AFC 2020 is set to provide a platform to share experience and best practices, recommend framework and policies and offers solutions and strategies. This is an unparalleled platform to get inspired, learn, experience and get connected with the industry peers.
The Age-friendly Cities Conference deliberations revolve around the following themes:
- Key Determinants for Enabling a Supportive Environment
- Age-friendly Housing: Future Design for Older People
- Creating Conducive Outdoor Spaces and Buildings
- Transportation System for Age-friendly Cities
- Creation of Integrated Care Facilities for Aging Population
- Enabling a Supportive Environment for Older People: Developed Countries and Developing Countries Approaches