RICS European Smart Cities Conference
12 May 2015
What is your role as a surveyor? Where is your potential for business? How do you move into the sector?
RICS European Smart Cities Conference 2015 brings together senior RICS leaders, industry experienced innovators, cutting-edge real estate and infrastructure professionals and those looking to learn more about the smart cities movement, progression and development across Europe through this one day programme tailored for surveyors and their role.
This is the only surveyor-tailored conference examining the recent developments in the smart cities agenda, in terms of the connection with big data, infrastructure needs, BIM, investment, partnerships, local community engagement, project benefits, urban real estate and the business opportunity for the surveyors across the pipeline.
Key sessions include:
- European Smart Cities: The innovation, funding and investment challenges
- Interactive Panel Discussion: Competitive smart cities case study projects meeting future urban requirements
- Case Study: Riga, Latvia – European Cultural City of the Year (2014) – Transforming a city through smart city partnerships and maximising public benefit
- Becoming the ‘smartest city’ of them all: What infrastructure, real estate, development and skill is required?
- The opportunities for surveyors in the smart city business.
View the full programme online at rics.org/smartcities
- Amanda Clack, RICS Senior Vice President (Conference Chair)
- Dan Byles MP, Founder & Vice-Chair, Smart Cities All Party Parliamentary Group
- Louise Brooke-Smith, Director, Brooke Smith Planning & RICS President
- Mark Bew, Chair, UK BIM Task Group
- Dr Mike Short, Vice President, Public Affairs Telefonica Europe 02, Former President, Institution of Engineering & Technology
- Inete Ielite, Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) Management Board Member, Riga City Council (European Cultural City of the Year & World Top 20 Smart City)
- Professor Mark Deakin, Edinburgh Napier University
- Joe Mitton, Senior Advisor for Business and Enterprise, Mayor’s Office, Greater London Authority
- Matthias Krebbs, Strategic City Development, Mannheim City Council (World Top 20 Smart City)
For full list of speakers please visit rics.org/smartcities