International Seminar on Urban Form
3-6 July 2014
The 21st International Seminar on Urban Form – ISUF2014, hosted by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Oporto, will take place in Porto, Portugal, from 3 to 6 July 2014.
The theme of the conference is Our common future in urban morphology. It reflects the key role of environment in the debate on the physical form of cities. But it also evokes the need to identify what are the fundamental issues that should be placed on the agenda of urban morphology for the next years. Indeed, Our common future in urban morphology must involve a careful reflection on what should be our contribution as urban morphologists, how it could be part of wider integrated research on cities, and how this could be applied in day-to-day practice.
The Organizing Committee of ISUF2014 would like to invite you to share your research work with us, submitting an abstract to one of the following themes:
- Urban morphological theory (Chair: Michael Conzen)
- Urban morphological methods and techniques (Chair: Karl Kropf)
- The evolution of urban form (Chair: Terry Slater)
- Agents of change (Chair: Michael Barke)
- Revisiting urban morphological classics (Chair: Giancarlo Cataldi)
- Multidisciplinarity in urban morphology (Chair: Teresa Marat-Mendes)
- Comparative studies of urban form (Chair: Jeremy Whitehand)
- Integrated approaches (Chair: Kai Gu)
- Teaching urban form (Chair: Peter Larkham)
- The relations between research and practice (Chair: Ivor Samuels)
The deadline for abstracts submission is 31 January 2014. More information can be found at the conference website or in the ISUF Flyer.