10-11 January 2016
The Urban Thinkers Campus is an initiative of UN-Habitat conceived as an open space for critical exchange between urban experts and decision makers.
Urban Planners and Experts from various parts of the globe will be participating in the Urban Thinkers Campus Dubai: Future Cities Forum. We will make the voice of all sectors of the city heard, for the active and productive preparation of a document based on the principles of The City We Need. The event includes urban thinkers from all constituencies of UAE society, women, community, government, non-government, urban planners and youth.
In a spirit of learning, the Campus will include Urban Labs to explore new practices and models that can inspire participants.
1. The City We Need is Smart & Sustainable
2. The City We Need is Economically Vibrant & Inclusive
3. The City We Need is Safe & Resilient
Urban Thinkers Session: Experts representing four cities sharing and discussing urbanization issues from the theme of Smart & Sustainable Cities; these Cities are Dubai, Barcelona, London and Singapore.
· Urban Cinema: Where a video is presented followed by a debate and direct interaction from participants
· Smart City Lab: three to four companies exhibiting their innovative solutions and technologies
· The City We Need Debate: Panel Discussion of a few experts discussing Global urbanization challenges
· Global Real Estate Think Tank: Focuses on talent development for the future of The City We Need”.
· FIABCI Investors Summit: Introducing Foreign Direct Investment and Affordable Housing experts
The challenge: Diversity of backgrounds and how to reach consensus on critical issues for “The City We Need” of the 21st century.
The objective: Contribute positively towards paving the road for the future Cities and the new Urban Paradigm.
Urban Thinkers Youth & KIDS: showcasing the product of university and school students representing their dream of “The City We Need”.
In the formation process of the New Urban Agenda at the upcoming Habitat III in Ecuador, October 2016.