The International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP) is (since 1965) a global member-association of urban and regional planners. ISOCARP organises an annual World Planning Congress, planning activities and planning research projects across the globe. The Secretariat is located in The Hague, The Netherlands and comprises a young team of circa eight employees.
The Communications Specialist is part of the staff at ISOCARP Secretariat in The Hague. She/He is responsible for all communication channels; including the website, social media, newsletters and other communication means. In this position you work closely with our Congress Director and inhouse Graphic Designer.
- Manage general communication with ISOCARP members and networks
- Collect, write and publish information on the ISOCARP website and social media channels
- Develop newsletters for our members and partners
- Develop publicity materials like brochures and banners
- Provide project assistance to events, like virtual workshops
- Develop and execute the marketing campaign strategy for our annual Congress
Profile and Qualifications of our ideal candidate
- Is interested to work in an international organisation and is willing to occasionally travel
- Proven track record in communication. You can demonstrate this in your CV, including a portfolio of written articles, reports or social media activities.
- Has proficient command of the English language, both written and oral (the working language). It is recommended but not necessary to speak Dutch.
- A background in urban planning is recommended but not mandatory.
- Is organised but flexible, have a hands-on mentality, and strong competences in project management.
- Has the basic skills to work on the website (WordPress), newsletter (Mailchimp) and publicity materials (Adobe CC) or are willing to develop those.
- Has a visa to live and work in the EU/the Netherlands. Working from abroad is not possible.
We offer you
- To become part of a young, ambitious team
- A position for 36 hours/week (more/less days are negotiable)
- A 1-year contract with possible extension after 1-year
- A salary aligned with Dutch salary standards for an international NGO (min. € 2196, – max. € 2601, – gross per month on the basis of 36h/wk)
The vacancy is open from 1 to 30 January 2021.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com Please include examples of communication materials you have developed in the past. A motivation letter is not required but will be appreciated.