Our association brings together 800+ individual members from more than 85 countries, who work in the public, private and nonprofit sectors. Members of the Society share a common interest in cooperation and international networking in order to facilitate the improvement of our cities and territories through planning practice, training, research, and education.
- You will have global networking opportunities and benefit from the wealth and diversity of professional expertise and knowledge from members worldwide
- You will have the chance to develop your planning expertise through various ISOCARP activities, events and members-only opportunities (ex.: Young Planning Professional’s Programme, Urban Planning Advisory Team)
- You will enjoy reduced rates for ISOCARP events (ex.: World Planning Congress), endorsed events (when applicable) and publications
- You will have access to high-quality publications and reports on the latest issues concerning urban and regional planning (ex.: Review, Plan magazine, International Manual on Planning Practice)
- You will have exclusive access to the Members’ Profiles and Area of the website
- You will have voting rights and be eligible to apply for elected positions
- You will join an organisation that is officially recognised by the Council of Europe, UNESCO, UN-Habitat and United Nations
Membership categories and fees
In accordance with our membership regulation, ISOCARP has a single, individual membership category. We encourage you to join the Society for multiple years on a discount. Individual membership terms:
- 1-year: €54
- 3-year: €140
- 5-year: €220
- Life member: €760
Anyone who has the education and/or experience to practice city and regional planning and housing as a professional planner, administrator, policymaker, urban advocate, developer, teacher, or researcher is considered eligible to apply to become a member at ISOCARP. Becoming a member of ISOCARP requires to agree to our Constitution and Code of Professional Conduct. To complete the application form, you will need the following:
- Valid credit card
- Active email address
The approval of your application may take up to five working days.
In case you are already an Individual ISOCARP member and you want to update your details or pay your Individual membership:
The International Society of City and Regional Planners welcomes planning and housing agencies, cities, universities, organisations and corporations as institutional members.
City and regional plans, and housing policies and programs, are developed in organisations which employ most of the world’s city and regional planners. These organisations include multilateral agencies; national, regional and local governments and their agencies; educational and research institutions; professional and academic institutes and associations; non-government policy and advocacy organisations; and technical, research and consulting corporations.
The International Society of City and Regional Planners seeks to work with these organisations, to strengthen its role as the global community connecting professional city and regional planners, and to create and share knowledge for better cities. The Society encourages these organisations to become institutional members of the Society, as the most effective way to maintain contact and collaboration.
Benefits for joining ISOCARP
- Institutional members support the International Society of City and Regional Planners and enrich the global city and regional planning community.
- Organisations, by becoming institutional members, can connect with resources, partners and collaborators addressing common issues and problems.
- Institutional members, through the Society, reach a global audience, a global marketplace, and a global employment market.
- Institutional Members may participate in, contribute to and benefit from the activities of the ISOCARP Institute, and being part of its International Advisory Board.
- Institutional members are able to offer the Society’s members resources, information and opportunities for networking and professional development.
- Institutional members are encouraged to be actively and visibly involved in the World Planning Congress, ISOCARP’s website and publications, and core activities including UPATs and the Awards.
- An institutional member’s representative will be the primary contact and representative of their organisation, and the Society will normally communicate with the organisation through that person. The representative will be an individual member of the Society with the same rights of participation and voting as all other individual members.
- An institutional member may nominate a number of other persons chosen by them, including staff, members, associates, students and clients, to become individual members of the Society with the same rights of participation and voting as all other individual members.
- The representative of an institutional member and persons nominated to become ISOCARP members must complete membership applications and provide evidence that they have the education and/or experience to practice city and regional planning as defined in the Society’s membership regulations. These applications will be determined in the same manner as applications for individual membership.
Membership categories and fees
- Platinum institutional members may maintain their own page on Planetary, organise a session at the World Planning Congress, receive support for active involvement in the activities and programs of the Society, and pay a reduced entry fee for the Awards of Excellence. Included in the membership fee are ten memberships of the Society and three delegates to the Congress. The annual fee for Platinum institutional membership is €1500.
- Gold institutional members may maintain their own page on Planetary, receive support for active involvement in the activities and programs of the Society and pay a reduced entry fee for the Awards of Excellence. Included in the membership fee are six memberships of the Society, and two delegates to the Congress. The annual fee for Gold institutional membership is €1000.
- Silver institutional members may maintain their own page on Planetary, receive support for active involvement in the activities and programs of the Society and pay a reduced entry fee for the Awards of Excellence. Included in the membership fee are two memberships of the Society and one delegate to the Congress. The annual fee for Silver institutional membership is €500.
In case you are already an Institutional ISOCARP member and you want to renew (pay) your Institutional membership:
When the Institutional Membership is renewed (paid) you are able to update your representative(s)
Do you have any questions?
Our membership regulation explains what it means to be a member of the International Society of City and Regional Planners.
For more information about individual and institutional memberships, please contact the ISOCARP Secretariat.