“Monitoring and Evaluating National Urban Policy: A GUIDE” – publication with the contribution of Scientific Committee member, Ulrich Graute, endorsed officially by ISOCARP, can be very useful for anybody involved in urban and territorial planning because helping to build proper beginning on the review of the existing city or plan.
- Has been just released by UN-Habitat and United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), two of the global players in the field of urban and regional planning and advocating,
- Is timely for countries that are seeking to implement their national urban policies and to review existing policies in order to make real and transformative changes,
- Provides clear steps and tips on how to design, manage, and deploy good monitoring and evaluation for urban policy and to support the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the New Urban Agenda (NUA),
- Recalls the importance of the national enabling environment for local planning,
- It is complementary with other manuals on Monitoring & Evaluation but features the specific context of urban planning.
/click the image to download the publication/