The theme of the 54th ISOCARP International Planning Congress is “Cool Planning: Changing Climate and Our Urban Future”. On this warming planet, with its population more than 50% urban, we urgently need cooler cities and towns. And good urban planning can help deliver them.
This year ISOCARP is granting this award dedicated to the future generation of planners, those who will be in charge of taking care of the planet, for the third time.
The award is addressed to a student or student-group with outstanding results (undergraduate-bachelor, graduate-master) in a related field to urban and regional planning. We accept and evaluate final design projects, dissertations, studio projects, bachelor/master thesis etc.
Each candidature (individual or group) should submit 5 pdf files including:
- Portfolio with graphical representations, charters necessary to illustrate their work (max. 4 A3 pages)
- Description of the submitted project (no more than 5000 characters)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application (underlying the results that recommend them to win the award)
- Recommendation Letter drafted / signed by one of their university professors
* Name the files NAME_Portfolio / NAME_Description / NAME_CV / NAME_Application / NAME_Recommendation
* Pay the registration fee € 20 for each application
Your application is not going to be considered eligible if the registration fee has not been paid.
Deadline for submission: 20 July 2018.
SUBSTANCE OF THE AWARD
The winner (in case of group one person of the group) will receive a one year free membership to ISOCARP, free entrance to the congress and an official ISOCARP certification of the award. The special mention will receive free entrance to the congress and an official ISOCARP certification of the award.
JURY OF THE AWARD
1 member of the ISOCARP Scientific Committee, 1 member of ExCo, 1 experienced member, 2 young planners.
The Local Organising Committee will organise a dedicated ceremony at the end of the Congress. ISOCARP president, local politicians and representatives of national and European institutions will preside over the event.