ISOCARP’s Community of Practice on Urban Innovation is gathering a set of 101 Urban Innovations in the areas of (I) Planning and Design Innovations, (II) Technological Innovations, (III) Economic Innovations, (IV) Art, Culture and Heritage Innovations, and (V) Sustainability and Environmental Innovations.
Starting from the area of Planning and Design Innovations, we look at cities of all sizes – from towns to large metropolitan areas. We are interested in various urban challenges, such as: the response of urban planning and design to the climate and health crisis; community-friendly planning and design; planning and design as a generator of behavioural, social and cultural change; etc.
We are announcing a call for Urban Innovation cases, from which we will select 20, at three levels: city-, community-, and place-scale, e.g.:
- City-scale: Melbourne, Auckland, Portland; Toyama, Curitiba, Vancouver; etc.
- Community-scale: Tanjong Pajar (Singapore), Brooklyn, Villa El Salvador, etc.
- Place-scale: Times Square, Miami South Beach, Paris-Plages, etc.
Later, we will announce a series of calls for innovation that affect urban landscapes:
- Technological Innovations (15 cases, deadline: January 30, 2021)
- Economic Innovations (20 cases, deadline: April 30, 2021)
- Social Innovations (16 cases, deadline: April 30, 2021)
- Arts, Culture and Heritage Innovations (15 cases, deadline: July 30, 2021)
- Sustainability and Environmental Innovations (15 cases, deadline: July 30, 2021)
Please submit your case-proposals for Planning and Design Urban Innovations by filling this survey.
Deadline: September 30, 2020