Former ISOCARP Secretary General Alex Macgregor won the first and third Award in the category Urban projects and Realizations for his proposal for a Maritime Museum for the City of Glasgow (1st Award), and the design for street lightening for the historic town of Helensburgh in Scotland (3rd Award) at the 23rd International Urban Planners’ Exhibition, held in Belgrade from 7-15 November 2014. Congratulations!
The exhibition was organised by the Serbian Town Planners Association http://www.uus.org.rs/. The Exhibition represents one of the most important events in urban practice, with two decades of tradition.
This year the focus was on the importance of sustainability in city and regional development considering following categories:
1. Spatial Plans
2. General Urban Plans
3. Plans of General Arrangements
4. Plans of Detailed Arrangements
5. Urban projects and realizations
7. Researches and Studies from the area of urban and spatial planning
8. Environment protection through Studies and Plans
9. Application of information technologies
11. Students’ works.