Secretary General of European Council of Spatial Planners (ECTP) Joris Scheers and ISOCARP Secretary General Frank D’hondt signed a Memorandum of Cooperation to jointly prospect and co-deploy European Urban Planning Advisory Teams and to advance the implementation of both the New Urban Agenda and the European Urban Agenda. ISOCARP as a global association of planners and ECTP as European association of national planning associations together aspire to contribute to the territorial component of the Decade of Action and implement the SDGs. A work plan includes the following joint milestones:
- Launch of a joint call for European UPATs (EUPATs) on our websites.
- Prospect for a joint EUPAT in/with Brussels Capital Region.
- Prospect for a joint special session on the ‘European Green Deal’ at the upcoming World Planning Congress 2020 in Doha.
- Prospect for EU/Benelux funding for a joint Eurodelta workshop or series of workshops around the World Planning Congresses 2020/2021.
- Prospect for a partnership for the World Planning Congress in 2021 if hosted in Europe.
- Mutual endorsement and promotion of events and products.