On May 7, 2020, ISOCARP President Martin Dubbeling appointed 9 members of ISOCARP’ new Scientific Committee (SciCom).
ISOCARP’s ScieCom plays a critical role in enabling the Society to represent the city and regional planners in internal and international debates and policymaking, on some of the greatest challenges of our times.
The ScieCom advises the Board, the Executive Committee (ExCom), the World Planning Congress teams and other working bodies in the Society on major technical planning issues, with professional and academic integrity and competence.
The new ScieCom will be chaired by the ISOCARP Executive Committee member Dushko Bogunovich, Adj. Assoc. Professor at the School of Architecture & Planning, University of Auckland.
The new ScieCom members are:
- Hendricus Andy Simarmata (Indonesia), Faculty Member at the School of Strategic and Global Studies, University of Indonesia; President of Indonesian Association of Urban and Regional Planners
- Junyan Yang (China), Professor at the School of Architecture, Southeast University; Vice-president of Smart City Institute, Southeast University; Director of Center for Intelligence City, Southeast University
- Nasim Iranmanesh (Iran), Lecturer at the Islamic Azad University
- Ulrich Graute (Germany), International Consultant for Sustainable Governance and Management
- Charles-Edouard Delpierre (Belgium), General Manager Urban at TRACTEBEL – ENGIE GROUP
- Jesus Garate (Spain), Professional Planner / Researcher at the San Jorge University
- Juanee Cilliers (South Africa), Professor and Head of the Urban and Regional Planning Group, North-West University; ISOCARP Cyber Agora Curator
- Ismael Fernandez Mejia (Mexico), Director General of IFM International Consultancy; Past-President ISOCARP (2009-2012)
- Kate Holmquist (USA), Principal, WerkSTADT Urban Planning + Development.
An inaugural meeting is planned for May 29, 2020, the same day ISOCARP’s Cyber Agora will be opened with a public debate on the 1.5m/6ft city planning topic. All (potential) ISOCARP members have a chance to make use of a virtual suggestion box which planning topics the new ScieCom should be dealing with during their 3-year term. Please send your suggestions to email@example.com