The call for applicants is now closed – we thank all candidates for sending their applications.
As an international association, the core business of ISOCARP is to support its global member community, consisting of individual and institutional members. In your role as ‘communication and community manager’ your main task will be to communicate to urban planners worldwide and to take care of relation management (CRM) of our members. You will become part of an ambitious team of ca. 8 staff in the Head Office in The Hague. From here activities around the globe are coordinated.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage external communication through our newsletter, social media and website
- Develop a marketing campaign for the next World Planning Congress (Qatar, November, 2020). Together with our in-house graphic designer you will develop a campaign for the event. You will be responsible for communication during the congress and report to our congress director.
- Analyse our membership community and develop a strategy how to reach out.
- Develop our customer relations management system (Salesforce) and support our digital transformation.
Our ideal candidate
- is living in the Netherlands, or willing to move to work at our office in The Hague
- has a visa to work in the EU
- is interested to work in an international organisation
- has excellent communication skills (spoken language is English, Dutch is not obliged)
- has the skills to manage our channels (website, social media, newsletter)
- is willing to learn our CRM software Salesforce
- a background in urban planning is not obligatory
We offer you
- to become part of a young, ambitious team
- a position for 24-36 hours/week (more/less days are negotiable)
- a 1-year contract with possible extension after 1-year
- a salary aligned with Dutch salary standards for an international NGO
The position is available from April 1st 2020. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone who is good in written communication. If you have examples of articles/blog posts you wrote before, please share them with us.