This has been a year of positive change for the International Society of City and Regional Planners.
Please read the Board’s report to the Members —
Progress, achievements and challenges
Report from the ISOCARP Board to Members for the year 2018-2019
At the Special General Meeting during the World Planning Congress in Norway in 2018, members voted strongly in favour of adopting the updated Constitution.
- There were lively debates about small specific changes – see the minutes of the 2018 Special General Meeting.
- In many ways, the Constitution returned to the traditional structures of ISOCARP, updated for a global, online network of city and regional planners.
The next step was a new approach to membership: all members are equal, all members pay the same flat fee, and all members may vote in elections and at online General Meetings.
- The new membership regulation was posted to the public area of Planetary (this website) and members were able to discuss the new approach and vote on it.
- The new membership regulation was overwhelmingly supported in a vote by members.
Then came the Board elections, with a record number of candidates reflecting the vitality of the Society.
The result of this renewal and reform gave us a sound basis for growth and new initiatives.
- The fundamental basis of our future success – as a network of value to city and regional planners everywhere – includes the legal foundations of our day-to-day operations.
- Those fundamental legal foundations are shown in the diagram.
- Click on the links below the diagram to access the documents.
The Dutch Civil Code
The ISOCARP Constitution
Regulation 2018/01 Development of certain regulations to guide the governance of the Society under the 2018 Constitution
Regulation 2019/01 Membership
Policy 2019/02 Ethical Planning Practice by City and Regional Planners: The Code of Professional Conduct of the International Society of City and Regional Planners 2019
Policy 2019/03 Powers, functions and procedures assigned to Excom by the Board
Policy 2019/04 Elections, and the Roles and Duties of ISOCARP’s Elected Officers and Board Members
Congress Policy 01 Expression of Interest
Congress Policy 05 Guidelines for Authors