On the occasion of ISOCARP’s 50th Anniversary a special one-time Award was presented.
The ACC50 Sam van Embden Award is a unique award to commemorate and celebrate 50 years of ISOCARP. The ACC50 Award has been awarded only once, in 2015 at the ISOCARP World Planning Congress.
to people, not necessarily members, who gave a huge contribution to the discipline, to the sustainable development of space or place during the last decades. This award can result in a better knowledge of our discipline and our organisation.
- for a (living) person active in the world of planning, practitioner or academic;
- for a public or private sector organisation (including universities, consultants, NGOs);
- for a city or a region.
The award meets multiple objectives:
- exposure to new ideas and practices for our membership;
- recognition of planning excellence;
- promotion of ISOCARP values;
- increased recognition of ISOCARP; and
- membership recruitment.
- With three awards, there is enough “content” for a Congress session and/or presentation event.
- The stipulation for the prize money (if there is a money prize) to be used for ISOCARP programmes provides additional membership value.
Criteria for the Choices
Criteria will be activities related to “Knowledge for better Cities”:
- The improvement of the living conditions of people
- The initiation of ‘change, innovation, new visions and concepts’, innovative actions/events
- Extraordinary publications/plans/projects/research
- The creation of a great public interest
- The importance/influence of an activity.
For winners click here.